Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Orientation/Disoriented


Since the moment i got passed the security gates and walked through to the terminal my stomach twisted with excitement. I have been preparing for months and months, getting everything ready and together, for this moment for this time, and here it was. After 24 hours of waiting and sitting, switching flights and carrying bags, I finally arrived at Shannon Airport. I was here, here in Ireland.

The first day was filled with ups and downs. I was really happy and excited to see things and look around, but so tired and hungry. After unpacking my bags and getting settled in, we ended up going to Logue's pub for dinner and calling it an early night. I am living in Orchard house with 11 people. Orchard is a really nice big house with tons of space, but it's almost too roomy. 

The next day was wonderful. We got to do some shopping in a near by town and explore the area. Most of all I was excited to buy groceries! After cooking some delicious food it was adventure time! A group of us spent the night walking and wondering from the school castle to the ocean. We stood, our legs two feet deep in seaweed, shivering and staring up at the dark, starry sky. It was perfect. 

Though the days have been filled with wondering outside and small talk with the other kids, the nights have been hours upon hours of giggling and talking in bed with my roommate allison. i could not have asked for a better situation. 

Okay, I'm going to start skipping info because this is getting lengthy. On Sunday we spent the day in our school bus traveling along the cost visiting different landscapes, fairy dens, the black beach, and holding hands around Richard Long's land work. It was a pretty satisfying and nice day. I am looking forward to going back to some of those areas. 

Monday was the first day of class. Ah the first day of class always makes my stomach ache in excitement and nerves. It was a really low key day getting information, meeting the teachers, and finding my studio. I have an amazing studio that is well lit and pretty big. Though the day was pretty slow, the night was all laughs. I can't remember the last time I laughed so hard! listening to kelis, beyonce, britney spears and all those childhood insanities, along with card games and dancing

I'm not going to lie, I am probably going to be pretty bad at this whole blogging thing. I don't think I will be able to keep up to date, but I will try

I'll post again soon!

Love,

Jenny

2 comments:

  1. that sounds like an awesome start to the semester! and glad you were able to get hooked up with the grocieries! neccesity! lol

    love, audrey

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Woman!
    Glad you have been looking around and spending time with your new friends. Stay dry.
    Love you a bunch...Mom

    ReplyDelete