Friday, March 12, 2010

things get serious

I know I keep saying this- but time is going by so fast. I woke up the other day and realized I only have about 6 weeks left here- 4 to do art. AHH! studio time, studio time, studio time!!

This week has been spent mostly going for walks, speaking spanish, putting tape on the wall, and going set dancing. Set dancing Thursday night was a little different than normal weeks, mostly because there was a large group from alabama here. Giantly tall guys who move like blocks. . . . or not at all. Nonetheless, it was still set dancing, and set dancing=fun. Friday morning I started researching places in minneapolis and st. paul that hold set dancing classes so that when i get back I can continue :)

Today I went to the cliffs of Moher once again- and I am so gald I ended up going! The last time I was there looking at the cliffs the Garda people were there and so we had to stay back behind the barrier, but this time we were able to go up the trail to the edge!! so amazing.

Saturday was Limerick day. We left the houses around 930 am and took a bus down to Limerick, where we visited several galleries and then had a little bit of time for shopping. I really enjoyed the exhibition that was happening at the Limerick College of Art and Design- pretty intricate work.
When we got back around 6, the MCADers met at Kinjis house for a little taco potluck. It was so tasty but I got really really really full! In between tacos and dessert, we walked over to the Hyde gallery for an opening, and then back to Kinjis for ice cream. Overall, nice to sit around and talk- we do not do it often enough!

No comments:

Post a Comment